Halloween Gathering, 10/31/2009, 10:00 am

  • rewildnewengland@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2009
      Reminder from: rewildnewengland Yahoo! Group

      Title: Halloween Gathering

      Date: Saturday October 31, 2009
      Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
      Location: Douglas State Forest
      City State Zip: Douglas, MA
      Notes: Time for the second of Rewild New England's monthly Rhode Island area meetings! Keeping with the original intent of having these events on the last Saturday of every month puts this one squarely on Halloween, giving us the perfect opportunity to take part in late harvest traditions, discuss ancestor worship, and generally have some spooky fun while we learn to live sustainably and build our feral culture(s)!

      As always, these monthly meetings are sort of like miniature rewild camps, in which we get together for much or all of the day, and share skills, stories, music, and food, and generally have a good time. Like the rewild camps that others are holding around the country, I like to have them be Open Space gatherings, meaning that anyone can present on whatever they want, and see if others are interested. Remember, even if you don't think you have something to contribute, you probably do; building a healthy, sustainable culture requires a lot more than starting fires with sticks or learning to shoot a bow.

      This event is 100% free to help facilitate the growth of healthy, sane, sustainable culture(s), but donations are always accepted to help keep them running. They're open to everyone, provided they don't violate our anti-oppression standards.