Growing Membership!

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2008
      Okay, so three isn't exactly a huge number, but it's something! At
      the time being, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to put together a
      meet-up big enough to make it worth driving to from Canada, but maybe
      we can work on smaller gatherings to build up interest first.

      With that in mind, I'm going to start advertising a rewilding meet-up
      in northern Rhode Island a couple weeks from now, though I don't yet
      have a location. I plan to advertise at the closest health food
      store, and I'm trying to think of other places to advertise. By
      advertising before I actually have a place, I hope to draw in people
      to this list, who can then help figure out a place to have it, and
      perhaps plan further meetings and gatherings.

      Any thoughts or suggestions?
    • Stephane Collette
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2008
        Hi Daniel,
        and Hi All...

        I was glad to hear about the existence of this list. Especially here in the eastern part of the land. I read about the purpose of this group on the home page. Really interesting!

        I haven't been in the bush for over a year now. My wife, son and I used to live in a somewhat remote area and had a small piece of land. But about a year ago we had to sell
        and move to a city near Montreal. Long story. Good experience nonetheless. Now we live in a town still, but much smaller, and there are lakes, rivers and forest relatively easy to access. I haven't yet explored the area, since we've only recently moved here.

        So far, in this province, I've been in contact - via internet - with one person who considers himself a rewilder and anti-civ. I'll let him know about this discussion list.

        I'm looking for ways to find other likeminded people in my area. I presume putting together Rewild meet-ups and gatherings helps finding those likeminded people. I'll have to consider
        that. I've never been to one before, so if you have experiences, ideas and suggestions, I'm all ears.

        Come to think of it, there might be a few people I know who'd be interested in such a gathering. Hhhmmm...

        Talk to you later!
        Take care
        Misko

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2008
          Looks like we have another member today.  Here's where we're at now: I'm planning on hosting a workshop about rewilding two weeks from now, location to be announced, somewhere in the area of northern RI (where I am).  I also hope people use this group to put together their own workshops and meet ups.