Meeting in RI this weekend

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
      Sorry to get this out later than I meant to. I'm going to have another coffee shop meeting this Saturday to discuss plans for things like permaculture workshops, foraging walks/trips, real sustainability, bike maintenance, and eventually a rewild camp. I suggest Brewed Awakenings in Johnston, RI again, shall we say at around 6?Hopefully in the coming weeks, I can drive out to meet some of you in other areas too.

    • Estela L
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
        Hi rewildnewengland,

        Does anyone on this listserv happen to live near Fairfield County in CT or close to NYC? Myself and two other guys are organizing this wilderness survival/ skillshare/ post civ camping event in the Catskills in NY. We're looking for organizers, but meetings to discuss this usually happen in NYC. I live one train ride away from NYC, so it's not so bad, but if anyone here happens to live nearby and you're interested in helping to organize or learn more, get in touch with me. I realize that most of you are more in central/western/northernCT, but I'm trying to find contacts anyway.

        Estela

        Rewild New England - http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/rewildnewe ngland/

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
          I know some of the folks on the Facebook group are from Western CT, but I don't know precisely what area.  I'll be more than willing to help out with the event.

          On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Estela L <inanna_ishtar_isis@...> wrote:

[...]

        • mike rynn
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 29, 2009
            dan- to follow up on our would have been meeting, I'm really down for a rewild camp . Some things i'd  be into shareing/teaching/talking about are food forests and other ways of interacting with the land to make a living that dont fit into the huntergatherer/agriculturalist binary, self defense(grappling/wrestling), and sign language(perhaps part of a larger thing on language/communication).  I wont be able to come up to RI for your meet up this time but possibly soon. Also, there are quite a few folks here in the hudson valley who would be keen on putting together a camp like this and plenty of places to have it, so come and visit. - mike

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 29, 2009
              Sounds great man!  Ideally, it would be great to get rewild camps set up by various people all around the northeast region.  I'll let you know when I can take a trip over.