Update

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hey everyone,

      Sorry for delaying with this a bit.  As some of you know, a few of us went out last Wednesday attempting to get wild blueberries by way of canoe and kayak.  We decided against it when we heard thunder, but ended up heading to an abandoned lot for awhile to look for berries and teach each other some other wild plant foods and medicines, and even a bit about how to make cordage.  That is, until an enforcer of private property (cop) came and kicked us out (albeit nicely, a first for me).

      We talked about a handful of upcoming workshops we can do, primarily a few learning how to make bows.  I hope to do the first one on how to make a bundle bow, which is really simple but lots of fun, and would afford us time to actually shoot them at the end.  I also have a handful of other things I think would be fun/useful to cover, such as making tinctures and other plant-based medicines, some workshops about permaculture and biodynamic gardening, guerrilla gardening and seedbombs, primitive fire making, and maybe just jamming and singing for those of us who are musically inclined.  Of course, if we can find a place for a rewild camp, we can just do this all there.

      I'm hoping to get some of this stuff planned soon, but since Kris and I are going camping for a week starting Sunday, it'll have to be after that.  We'll be camping in the Berkshires, in the town of Otis, with her parents.  I'm hoping to get together with some people for coffee or dinner, but since I don't know the area I don't know where.  Maybe in/around Springfield?  If you're around that general area and want to get together, let me know.  I'd say people could come meet us at the camp site, but the future in-laws might not like certain parts of my more radical habits.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24 7:44 AM
        I tried to reserve a site yesterday and was told that the reservation season is over, and the picnic sites are now first come, first serve. I guess that means I'll be getting there extra early. Otherwise I would have been able to swing down and give Amber that ride (sorry!) The site number will hopefully be #5.I've been working on processing several gallons of acorns as per the instructions here: http://www.prodigalgardens.info/processing%20acorns%20step%20by%20step.htmHopefully we'll be able to enjoy some acorn based baked goods. Since it's a potluck, feel free to bring anything else you want (except beer, the park has a no alcohol policy).Also feel free to bring any materials on other subjects you might want to discuss, as this is an open space meeting and there's plenty to do to build healthy sustainable cultures besides grinding acorn flour. Considering some of the people coming, I expect some great conversations to spark.