Re: [rewildnewengland] Meetup & Discussion - Friday?

  • Ethan Dickey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
       Southeastern NH is ideal for me, as I lack an automobile.
    • matthew.brault
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
        --- In rewildnewengland@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Quiray <zalon13@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone! Well, I've been slacking lately. I've been busy, so my plans
        > to host the first Rewild Camp New England next weekend obviously didn't work
        > out. But I know some of us have gotten through our busy seasons, so now is
        > likely a good time to get together to do a little talking about rewilding,
        > and planning events for the coming months. As we've done some times in the
        > past, I'd like to get together at a coffee shop to meet, network, discuss,
        > and just generally socialize and have fun. In the past, this has happened in
        > two locations: Brewed Awakenings in Johnston, RI, and Acoustic Java in
        > Worcester, MA. If anyone has any other ideas for locations, feel free to
        > bring them up. So, if any of you are interested and think you can make it on
        > an upcoming Friday (or any days, really), let me know and we can try to plan
        > around as many peoples' schedules as possible.
        > --
        > Daniel N. Quiray

        I'm interested, the transportation is an issue for me, but if I have significant warning of where and when, I can probably find a way there.
      • Misko Stephane
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2009
          Hey all!

          Hope you all can manage to meet again soon! I think we need, perhaps more than ever, to consolidate our friendly relations among ourselves as well as with all our other relatives, human and other with whom we share the land. It's great to see you guys, and girls doing what you're doing. I can't be there with you all, but you might be happy to learn that we're working in the same spirit around here too. I've started a french network/site called "Libère TERRE" which you can visit here:  http://libere-terre.ning.com/  And our goal is basically the same as "Fertile Ground", which is an english one. And you can visit here:  http//fertileground1.ning.com/

          All the best!
          -Misko

          Misko Stephane Collette
          http://libere-terre.ning.com/
          http://kinoodoodaym.blogspot.com/

          misko.kinoo@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009
            Hey everyone!  Sorry for not getting back to things sooner, I've been on a crazy work schedule (at work now).

            Ethan, do you know of any good local coffee shops or anything near you that could serve as an initial meeting place?  I'd probably by willing to take a trip up that way sometime.  Anyone else know any good places for their local areas?

            Also, I got tomorrow night off.  If people are interested, I would totally like to meet people and get organized.  I was even thinking of organizing a trip up to Mohawk territory like we were mentioning.  It sounds like the blockade is still making it hard for them to get stuff, and the people over at Mohawk Nation News seem worried that the man is going to come down on them violently.  The recent article I got by email mentions there was a small attack just recently.