Akwesasne Alert-- blockade on border established by police

  • Misko Stephane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Relaying...
      ****

      Passing along info...

      -- Please forward to anyone near Cornwall --

      The Mohawk community of Akwesasne is currently blockaded by both American and Ontario Police fores on either sides of the border, due to their defiance of the order to have the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) be allowed to carry lethal weapons on the border that strattles their community. This territory is both in New York and Ontario, and traffic (in particular residents of the reserve) have been prevented from entering this community.

      The residents of this community are asking people to attend immediately, if possible, to witness, record, or otherwise exhibit solidarity with the Mohawk community as they resist this particular attempt to reduce their rights and self-determination.

      For those who can, please make your way to this border community-- near Cornwall, Ontario.

      For more information, please contact Sandra Cuffe (to get interviews, updates, etc from community members) at:

      514 583 6432, or Sandra C <lavagabunda27@...>

      Misko Stephane Collette
      http://kinoodoodaym.blogspot.com/

      misko.kinoo@...

      All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          Hi Dan!
          Hi all!

          In my view, the occupying forces - those small groups of international banksters via "their" Canada Inc & US Inc - are still working hard at demonizing the Mohawk people, and at harassing them so the invaders can get an excuse to use their "toys" on them, and so on. More control, more freedom to rape the land and the people, more power! You know!? The usual!

          Here are two updates, the first from "Bluejay" I got yesterday morning, and the second came out on Mohawk Nation News last night:

          "ok, I just spoke to folks at Akwesasne and the update is that Cornwall border crossing is CLOSED. You can monitor the government info on:
          http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/bwt-taf/menu-eng..html
          scroll down to Cornwall and you will see that the border station is CLOSED.

          Also, to read the CBSA news release about the firearms being allowed at Cornwall, here is where the article is posted:

          http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/release-communique/2009/2009-05-09-eng.html

          The Tribal leadership is still seeking a PEACEFUL resolution and meaningful dialogue with officials and that is where things stand at this point. lets keep our prayers and support in that direction. Will keep you all posted.
          Bluejay"

          ****    ****
          Mohawk Nation News' latest, excerpt:

          "...The border was shut down by the Cornwall city cops and NYS police, not the Mohawks.  We can’t drive on or off the Island.  If we do, we can’t go home.  Grandmothers, grandfathers and children have been branded as terrorists to force us to submit to their demands..."

          CANADA KIDNAPS THE MOHAWKS – Bogus guns-at-the-border issue

          MNN June 1, 2009.  Bully Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, is trying to start an argument with the Mohawks to bring in paramilitary forces at Akwesasne.  On May 26, 2009 he signed into law the Shiprider Agreement, a cross border law between Canada and U.S.  The effect is those who stand up for their rights or criticize Canada are terrorists and the government can sue them and seize all their property.  This is meant for us.

          A few years ago a plan was hatched.  Prime Minister Harper was friendly with the American real estate people in New York City.  They wanted him to change the laws so that Indigenous territories in Canada can be seized by outside interests for non-payment of false fines and criminal convictions.  Their interest is primarily in Iroquois territories in southern Quebec and southern Ontario.  They also wanted to seize Indigenous property and resources in Alberta and elsewhere.  A campaign to discredit us was started.

          A huge article appeared in the New York Times about us being terrorists.  Then the Center for Public Integrity of Washington DC published a series of 12 untruthful articles in the Montreal Gazette that hooked us up with bikers and other gangs.

          Harper announced it on Sunday, May 31st, in Toronto to the Canadian Jewish Congress.  Opposition leader, Michael Ignatief, and many real estate promoters were there.  It was another piece of the puzzle being fitted together.  He will remove the protection so that his US friends and their Canadian partners can grab billions of dollars of prime Indigenous territories in urban Ontario and Quebec.  In exchange they will deliver Ontario to his party in the next election.

          A Mohawk Band Council Resolution forbids guns at the border.  Peter Van Loan, Minister of Public Safety, said the guns are going to be given to the border guards.  So far they have not.

          The border was shut down by the Cornwall city cops and NYS police, not the Mohawks.  We can’t drive on or off the Island.  If we do, we can’t go home.  Grandmothers, grandfathers and children have been branded as terrorists to force us to submit to their demands.

          Who’s really behind this?  Are they foreign elements who have taken power over the military, para military and peacekeeping forces in Canada?

          It seems decisions are being made by some secret entity with a totalitarian agenda.  Could it be the international banksters and multinational corporatists?

          Why is a standoff being created between Canada and the U.S. with us in the middle?  Is there a rift between two long time allies, or is something else really going on?

          It’s beginning to look more like a police state situation where more are going to be uniformed, carrying guns and deadly tasers.  Everyone coming from the US is going to be facing an armed guard at the border.  The U.S. citizens might think they are surrounded by enemies.  The police control the politicians in Canada and the US.  They are dictating their need for weapons.  Their hidden agenda is to transform these two colonies on Great Turtle Island into police states.

          The US has always been worried that Canada was going to become an enemy and vice versa.  That’s why Fort Drum Army Base was put 40 miles south of the Canadian border with 90,000 soldiers ready to march in.  The Canadian police agencies have been undermined by somebody.  What about the Northcom Agreement which is integrating all policing in US and Canada?  They want to contain people and to stop freedom of travel.

          There is no safety issue.  Terrorists will not come through the US to Canada.  The US is not threatening Canada.  In Akwesasne there are around 20 policing agencies.  There is no danger whatsoever.

          Throughout history the Mohawks have always been the peace makers between all the competing parties.  We do not become involved in these conflicts between greedy colonial powers that are fighting for control of the world..  We learned how to be peacemakers from Dekanawida.

          Peter Van Loan said, “It’s no use for the Mohawks to resist”.  A whole community being held hostage for being “Indian” hasn’t happened for a while.  In 1990 three Mohawk communities were surrounded for 78 days by the army.  This might go on indefinitely.  We are patient and always willing to talk.

          514-269-1400.  Contact Chief Nona Benedict 613-551-5421 613-938-8145 nbenedict@..., go to www.akwesasne.ca.  Chief Wesley Benedict 613-551-2573; Larry King 613-551-1930; Chief Joe Lazore 613-551-5292.

          Kahentinetha MNN Mohawk Nation News, www.mohawknationnews.com kahentinetha2@...  Go to MNN “BORDER” category for more stories;

          Supporters may send comments to:  Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Buckingham Palace, London, SQ1A UK; President Barack Obama, The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ Comments: 202-456-1111, Switchboard: 202-456-1414 FAX: 202-456-2461; The Governor General of Canada, M. Michaelle Jean, 1 Rideau Drive, Ottawa info@...; Alain Jolicoeur, President, CBSA, Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8, 613-952-3200, 613-957-0612; General inquiries CBSA-ASFC@...; Lance Markell, District Director, Northern Office – Customs, St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa Ont. K1G 4K3, CBSA 613-930-3234, 613-991-1214, General inquiries CBSA-ASFC@...; Secretary Janet Napolitano, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, DC 20528, Operator Number: 202-282-8000, Comment Line: 202-282-8495, Jayson P. Ahern, A/Commissioner, U.S. Customs, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20229 Chief Counsel (202) 344-2990; Marco A. Lopez, Jr., Chief of Staff, U.S. Customs, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20229; Prime Minister Stephen Harper; House of Commons, Ottawa, harper.s@...; Hon. Stockwell Day, Minister of Public Safety, House of Commons, Ottawa; Hon. Robert Douglas Nicholson, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, 284 Wellington St., Ottawa, ON K1A 0H8; Attorney General of Ontario, 720 Bay St., 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2K1; Hon. Yvon Marcoux, Minister of Justice and A.G.O., Louis-Phillipe-Pigeon Bldg., 1200 Rue d l'Eglise, 9th Floor, St. Foy G1V 4M1; Hon.. Chuck Strahl, Minister of Indian Affairs, 10 Wellington St., Hull, Que. K1A 0H4 Strahl.c@...; Premier Dalton McGuinty, Province of Ontario, Queens Park, Toronto ON; Premier Charest, Province of Quebec, Legislature, Quebec City; British High Commission, 80 Elgin St., Ottawa, ON K1P 5K7; Canadian Human Rights Commission, 344 Slater St., 8th Floor Ottawa, ON K1A 1E1; United Nations, 405 E 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017; The Hague, Anna Paulownastraat, 103, 251 BBC, The Netherlands; Coalition for the International Criminal Court, c/o WFM, 708 3rd Ave., 24th Floor, New York, NY 10017
          Supporters of Mohawks:  MPs Jean Crowder, Indian Affairs critic crowdj@... ; Anita Neville nevila@... ; Marc Lemay lemaym@... ; Sen. Nancy Green; Sen. Gerry St. Germain;

          ****    ****    ****    ****

          Misko Stephane Collette
          http://kinoodoodaym.blogspot.com/

          misko.kinoo@...

          I only got a chance to read this in the evening after waking up (worked the night shift).  Any updates on it?  Hopefully we won't have another Oka on our hands.

          On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Misko Stephane <misko.kinoo@ yahoo.ca> wrote:

          Relaying...
          ****

          514 583 6432, or Sandra C <lavagabunda27@ yahoo.es>