94Re: [rewildnewengland] urban gardening/boston meet up

    Mar 7, 2009
      That stuff sounds wicked cool.

      And yea, I was hoping to head up to Boston to hopefully meet some of you on Friday.  Chances are that I won't be working that night.  Is that place you mentioned easy to find for someone inexperienced in the ways of navigating Boston?

      On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM, asfblue <asfblue@...> wrote:

      I'd love to share the ideas- it was really cool hearing options for self-sustainability in the city (to some extent, anyway... cities are obviously the epitome of reliance on faraway resources). One of my favorite moments at the lecture was, during a discussion of container gardening, this guy in the audience described how he "walks" his tomato plants- taking them outside to the sunniest part of his lawn, & bringing them in if there was danger of frost.

      So I'll post the details here soon, but I'm curious if you were still planning a Boston meet-up? There's a cool place called City Feed & Supply on Centre St in Jamaica Plain that does sandwiches & coffee drinks that might be a fun spot & they're open until 9 p.m. I like it there a lot, & I love JP in general so I'm always trying to lure people here :)