248Re: [rewildnewengland] Sunday Gathering

  • Kristin Bowser
    Oct 18, 2010
      Josh,

       I have used this ketchup recipe with autumn olives.  Just use less sugar.  Or, use maple syrup like I did, and make sure to reduce the water too.  I forgot the cumin, and it was still delicious.  Dan ate it with burdock root chips during his three-week wild food diet.

      Fruit leather and applesauce are about the only other thing I do with them.  There is a chutney recipe with autumn olives on a blog somewhere.  Dan and I want to try it, but it requires a ton of other fruit and veggies.  Also, I found the cooking method much more effective than the food mill method.

      Kris

      --
      Lightning Pop-- http://lightningpop.etsy.com
      Diy and creative recycling