245Sunday Gatherings Recommencing and New Formats

    Oct 5, 2010
      Hey again folks!

      Wow, it feels like forever since I last sent out a message.  I've been quite occupied teaching at the wonderful Great Hollow Wilderness School and doing night shifts at my other job.  Sorry that's got in the way of me putting together the fun Sunday gatherings in the RI area.  But now I'm going to make it up to you; on Sunday the 17th I want to take people to my favorite autumn olive gathering place, a hidden little "orchard" with many dozens of trees full of fruit.  I'll also share some recipes.

      In other news, a few of us have been talking about the idea of making smaller groups like this one, either instead of or within it, for organizing and advertising rewilding on even more local levels.  My friends organizing in other areas seem to have some great success with groups centered around city areas, an irony that seems practical considering most people interested in rewilding live in cities, as do most people generally.  I know one person mentioned putting something together in the Worcester area, which I'm excited about.  In some cases city-based names might not make as much sense, such as here in RI (RI is small enough to warrant it's own group I think), or like in the general Cape Cod area.  We can figure this out on an area to area basis.

      Let me know what you think, and keep on rewilding!