78,000 Letter Writers Can't Be Wrong

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      We have about a half billion letters in our letters column this time, plus a
      few interesting links (including a performance by the comedy band Tripod).

      The new contests are up, and the old ones have winners. So that ought to
      hold you for awhile, Bessie.

      Our game guy dissects the Serenity role playing game's game masters screen.
      We deal with the important issues here at RevolutionSF.

      And our top 50 Comics of 1986 feature continues with Secret Wars II, in
      which a being from beyond wears what appears to be a Gheri curl and a
      jogging suit, and Spider-Man teaches him how to pee. We're still in the 40s,
      people. There's no Watchmen yet.

      And I did a new news article about a silly rumor about a Supergirl movie.

      Because none of you demanded it, here are a few Funny List entries that
      didn't make the cut this time. The topic: 80s songs if they were written by
      sci-fi fans. Surprisingly, there are no Hall & Oates references.

      Let's Hear It For the Boy Wonder (jedidave)

      Materialized Girl (wtsackett)

      Bryan Adams' "I Wear My V.I.S.O.R. at Night" (naguscook)

      She Blinded Me With Science Fiction (lightningbolt)

      We Built This Cloud City (jedidave)

      88 Lines About 44 Willows (gbeenie)

      One mention of Captain Kirk and 3 minutes of crap about balloons -- Nena
      (99 Red Balloons) (slmcginnis)

      Love In A Turboshaft (wtsackett)

      Against All Odds (Especially If You Are Neutral Good with No Hit Points
      Fighting an Orc) (splifford)

      Funky Cold Medusa (jedidave)

      Thank you very much for coming to RevolutionSF.com. When we think about you,
      we ... and I'll stop the 80s references right there.

      For now.

      joecrowe@...