News Flash (Gordon)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2007
      A new Flash Gordon TV series starts on Sci Fi tonight, like in about a half hour as I write this (unless I've set my TiVo absolutely wrongly).

      I haven't seen it, so unfortunately I can't tell you how good it is. I can tell you that it's Flash Gordon, and that Kevin Sorbo isn't in it, if that helps any.

      It's pretty geekily neat that there's a new Doctor Who on TV tonight, followed by a new Flash Gordon.

      In other RevSF stuff:

      ArmadilloCon in Austin, Texas starts tomorrow, and our Texas contingent will be there for our very first-ever panel ABOUT RevolutionSF, Saturday at noon.

      I'll be phoning or somehow computing into the panel, so come by and demand that I give you your Pat Benatar CD back.

      http://www.armadillocon.org/

      Our look at SF writer Lewis Shiner's project, the Fiction Liberation Front:
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3681

      Our review of Underdog:
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3682

      Our review of the Muppet Show season 2 on DVD:
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3680

      The first batch of things to read now that Harry Potter is over:
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3678

      And you can win a movie poster with Nicole Kidman on it (Nicole Kidman not included):
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3679

      A plethora of DC superhero related news, including a look at the awesome cartoon version of the New Frontier comic:
      http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=3683

      And that might hold you for a minute. Check in at the RevSF boards and tell us what you think about Flash Gordon:

      http://www.revolutionsf.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=796

      Thanks for coming by RevolutionSF.

      Joe Crowe
      senior editor