Oh, Mine Sci-Fi Papa

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2005

      OK, I’m a week late. I blame vacations.

      Here’s what happened since I left.

      SCI-FI DADDIES. Happy Father’s Day! I couldn’t just stop with sci-fi mommies that I did on Mother’s Day. I think you’ll dig it.

      Your sneak preview: “Orion had been totally OK with the demon-poo and the belching fire-pits.”

      CHAMPIONS OF THE GALAXY:

      For those of you who like your wrestling and your sci-fi at the same time.

      Movies we have reviewed:

      HIGH TENSION: “if you want to live, stay in the U.S. of A. Just avoid the back woods.”

      HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE. “The castle doesn’t do anything in this opening sequence but move, but boy, how it moves!”

      And if you’re in the Houston area (that would be in Texas), come out to ApolloCon and see our fiction editor Jayme Blaschke.

      Friday, 6-7 p.m., All I Needed to Know I Learned from Asimov: The Influence of the Great Masters

      Saturday, 3-4 p.m., Speculating Gods: Religion in SF/F

      Saturday, 4-5 p.m., Making Hard SF Look Real

      Saturday, 11-Midnight, What SF/Fantasy Should Be Made Into Movies?

      Sunday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Writers Workshop

      For ApolloCon information, go to www.apollocon.org.

      When you see Jayme, tell him Joe Crowe wants his Tears For Fears records back.

      Thank you very much for coming to RevolutionSF.

      Joe Crowe

      subspace@...