John and the OT

  • KennethGentry@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      In a message dated 12/10/2007 1:04:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      gfsomsel@... writes:

      > In the rush to interpret the heads of the Beast as Roman emperors, has

      My sense of John's use of the OT is that he is functioning like one of the
      classical prophets and that he tends to pick up on OT prophecies and adapt them
      to new circumstances. For instance, it seems in his last two chapters that he
      is adapting Ezekiel's temple vision but re-orienting it and applying it to the
      new Jerusalem rather than to a temple.

      Kenneth L. Gentry, Jr., Th.M., Th.D.
      Director, GoodBirth Ministries
      <A HREF="www.goodbirthministries.com">GoodBirth Ministries</A>

      Owner, KennethGentry.Com
      <A HREF="www.KennethGentry.Com">KennethGentry.Com</A>
      "Serious Studies for Serious Christians"

      Revelation Commentary Project
      If you would like to give toward funding my research on
      Revelation please go to <A HREF="www.KennethGentry.Com">KennethGentry.Com</A> then click
      on "Revelation Commentary Project."
      </HTML>