An Essential Library

  • Ian R. Brown
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 9, 2007
      With the holidays approaching (in the US and Canada at least) and gift
      giving frequently associated with them, I put forth the following
      hypothetical scenario for discussion.

      Your friend Grace wants to have in her personal library a collection of what
      are considered to be essential (or must-have-on-hand) books pertaining to
      the Book of Revelation. Assuming you have unlimited resources (the beauty
      of hypothetical scenarios!), what books do you purchase for Grace for the
      holidays?

      I know that I have left out periodical literature here, but let us start
      with books in any case.

      Ian R. Brown
      Ph.D. in Religion Candidate
      Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary
    • Laszlo Hubbes
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 10, 2007
        Dear Dr. Ian R. Brown,

        I would full-heartedly suggest among many others

        Christopher Rowland's and Judith Kovacs's volume on Revelation in the
        Blackwell Bible Commentaries series. (Blackwell Publishing, 2004) - A
        brilliant multi-aspect and multi-level commentary on the Apocalypse, with an
        added emphasis on its reception history.

        Best regards,

        Hubbes Laszlo

        --
        HUBBES L�szl�-Attila, PhD
        www.apokaliptikum.lap.hu

        librarian
        "BOD PETER" LIBRARY,
        Str. Gabor Aron ut 14,
        520008, Sfantu Gheorghe (Sepsiszentgyorgy),
        judetul Covasna.
        Tel.: + 40 (267) 315577
        Tel./Fax: + 40 (267) 351609
        e-mail: biblio@....