Re: [revelation-list] Re: Simon J. Kistemaker and the early church on Nero

  • John W. Marshall
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 2, 2007
      Revlisters,

      Regarding arguments for a pre-Domitianic date, see most recently:

      George H. van Kooten. 2007. "The Year of the Four Emperors and the
      Revelation of John: The 'pro-Neronian' Emperors Otho and Vitellius, and the
      Images and Colossus of Nero in Rome " *JSNT* 30.2 pp. 205-248

      I think that van Kooten's arguments deserve serious attention and discussion
      on this list

      --jwm
    • Laszlo Hubbes
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 10, 2007
        Dear Dr. Ian R. Brown,

        I would full-heartedly suggest among many others

        Christopher Rowland's and Judith Kovacs's volume on Revelation in the
        Blackwell Bible Commentaries series. (Blackwell Publishing, 2004) - A
        brilliant multi-aspect and multi-level commentary on the Apocalypse, with an
        added emphasis on its reception history.

        Best regards,

        Hubbes Laszlo

        --
        HUBBES L�szl�-Attila, PhD
        www.apokaliptikum.lap.hu

        librarian
        "BOD PETER" LIBRARY,
        Str. Gabor Aron ut 14,
        520008, Sfantu Gheorghe (Sepsiszentgyorgy),
        judetul Covasna.
        Tel.: + 40 (267) 315577
        Tel./Fax: + 40 (267) 351609
        e-mail: biblio@....