Re: [revelation-list] Simon J. Kistemaker and the early church on Nero

  • Otto Erlend Nordgreen
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 29, 2007
      Dear Troy,

      I have found the following article very informative: Fracis X. Gumerlock: Nero Antichrist. Patristic Evidence for the Use of Nero's Name in Calculating the Number of the Beast (Rev 13:18), WTJ 68 (2006:2): 347ff.

      Best regards Otto E. Nordgreen Oslo, Norway

    • Laszlo Hubbes
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 10, 2007
        Dear Dr. Ian R. Brown,

        I would full-heartedly suggest among many others

        Christopher Rowland's and Judith Kovacs's volume on Revelation in the
        Blackwell Bible Commentaries series. (Blackwell Publishing, 2004) - A
        brilliant multi-aspect and multi-level commentary on the Apocalypse, with an
        added emphasis on its reception history.

        Best regards,

        Hubbes Laszlo

        --
        HUBBES L�szl�-Attila, PhD
        www.apokaliptikum.lap.hu

        librarian
        "BOD PETER" LIBRARY,
        Str. Gabor Aron ut 14,
        520008, Sfantu Gheorghe (Sepsiszentgyorgy),
        judetul Covasna.
        Tel.: + 40 (267) 315577
        Tel./Fax: + 40 (267) 351609
        e-mail: biblio@....