RE: [revelation-list] Question

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
      I agree with you in as far as Nero is as good a metaphorical image as any
      other cruel ruler we could name--Hitler or Stalin for instance. I recall
      when Nicolae Ceausescu was ousted as ruler in Romania, some years back.
      People in Romania were cheering, a woman on the street was asked by a TV
      reporter, "Why are you celebrating?" The woman answered, "Haven't you heard?
      We defeated the anti-christ?"

      Personally, I do not believe that Revelation's description of the beast
      needs any help from Nero in order to invoke feelings of dread or horror.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Sincerely,
      Ed Garcia