Inhabitants of the Earth (2)

  • P. Alain-Marie de Lassus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2006
      Christian,

      Thank you for your feedback on the inhabitants of the earth. Here is my
      answer:

      (1) I agree that 18:20 refers back to 6:10. This is an argument to claim
      that Babylon and the inhabitants of the earth are the same group (which I
      think) but not that the inhabitants of the earth and the nations are the
      same group.

      (2) I would not say that the nations are substituting the inhabitants of the
      earth after 17:8 but that the group of the inhabitants of the earth is now
      described by the image of Babylon.

      (3) I agree that Revelation may at times use different names for the same
      group just as it may use different images for the same reality.

      Thanks.

      Alain M. de Lassus