Re: new thesis, new book

  • Otto Erlend Nordgreen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
      Dear Ariel,

      Your book (thesis) looks very interesting! Do you have an "abstract" or a
      summary (preferably in English, but Spanish will also do) to share? I
      would be interested in your view on the nature of the New Jerusalem -- is
      it heavenly, earthly, or perhaps both?

      I wish you the very best for Christmas!

      Otto E. Nordgreen

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
        Dear Ariel,

        The list language is English, so, please, provide an English
        translation of the abstract, if possible at all.

        By the way, sometime ago - a long time ago - I made preparations for
        stepping down as moderator. I no longer hold a position with research
        obligations in New Testament, but teach Greek and work as a
        pedagogical consultant.

        The last two or three years have been very busy for me. After New
        Years I will resume these preparations. Those who voluteered to
        moderate the list, are kindly requested to send me a brief note once
        more, so I know that I have current e-dresses etc. Thank you.

        Dr. Georg S. Adamsen
        Denmark

      • George F. Somsel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
          --- In revelation-list@yahoogroups.com, Ariel Alvarez Valdes
          <arialvavaldes@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Quería comunicarles que el año pasado defendí mi tesis
          > doctoral sobre el Apocalipsis, en la Universidad
          > Pontificia de Salamanca (España). El título de la
          > misma era: "La nueva Jerusalén, ¿ciudad celeste o
          > ciudad terrestre?".
          >
          > La finalidad de la tesis fue mostrar que la visión que
          > Juan de Patmos tuvo sobre la nueva Jerusalén (Ap
          > 21,1-8) no se refería a una realidad que tendrá lugar
          > al final de los tiempos, sino que es posible verla
          > como una realidad inaugurada ya con la muerte y
          > resurrección de Cristo. Para eso analizo los capítulos
          > 20 y 21 del Apocalipsis.
          >
          > En noviembre de este año la tesis fue publicada en un
          > libro, por la editorial Verbo Divino (de España). Si a
          > alguien le interesa ver más datos, puede entrar a la
          > siguiente dirección:
          >
          > http://www.verbodivino.es/VerboDivino/index.htm
          >
          > Aprovecho para enviar a todos un gran saludo de
          > Navidad y mis mejores deseos para el año Nuevo.
          >

          > Dr. Ariel Alvarez Valdes
          > Santiago del Estero (ARGENTINA)

          Congratulations on the defense of your thesis. I would be very
          interested in reading an abstract of this since it appears to
          coincide with my own thoughts regarding the New Jerusalem which
          [ever] is coming down from God out of heaven.