Re: [revelation-list] The future of this group

  • Don K
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
      I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
      fly for a while.
      Don K
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
        I join you all in expressing my compliments for the group. I would love to
        be as optimistic as Otto, but unfortunately I have not been on an
        unmoderated group that did not end in a flame war within 3 months.

        But as the national hero of my country has put it, you do not need hope
        to start a project nor confidence to persevere.

        best,

        wim

        > I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
        > fly for a while.
        > Don K

      • Richard H. Anderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
          Someone needs to be the moderator unless you want automatic admission to the
          group and no ability to stop abuse/misuse of the privileges automatically
          granted to someone who has absolutely no interest in the subject matter.
          Therefore the system I propose would allow all messages to be posted and the
          moderator would act only if something obviously inappropriate is posted.
          The moderator would also approve new members. It is little too much work to
          read and approve all messages posted to the list.

          Richard H. Anderson

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
            I am sure that if we leave it unmoderated it will stop to function as a
            scholarly forum almost immediately. I have moderated many messages - i.e.
            rejected them - during the years (I have been doing that all the time, in
            fact). It is simply necessary. I also think that it is necessary to have a
            "gate keeper". If not, revelation-list will die - very soon.

            Best wishes,

            Georg

            _____

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .