Re: [revelation-list] The future of this group

  • Otto Erlend Nordgreen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
      Dear Georg,

      >Therefore I will no longer be able to moderate this list - indeed, I
      >have not been moderating very much for a long time.
      >
      >If any of you want to assume the moderator position, please, send me
      >a few words about your thoughts on the future of the list.
      >
      >I am somewhat sorry about this situation, as Revelation list and
      >Revelation Resources are really "my kids", but that is sometimes the
      >way of life.

      I think we all appreciate the great job you have done here -- many, many
      thanks! I was wondering if it would be possible to leave the group
      "unmoderated"? ... just a thought.

      Best wishes!

      Otto E. Nordgreen

    • Don K
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
        I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
        fly for a while.
        Don K

      • wpelt@wanadoo.nl
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
          I join you all in expressing my compliments for the group. I would love to
          be as optimistic as Otto, but unfortunately I have not been on an
          unmoderated group that did not end in a flame war within 3 months.

          But as the national hero of my country has put it, you do not need hope
          to start a project nor confidence to persevere.

          best,

          wim

          > I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
          > fly for a while.
          > Don K

        • Richard H. Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
            Someone needs to be the moderator unless you want automatic admission to the
            group and no ability to stop abuse/misuse of the privileges automatically
            granted to someone who has absolutely no interest in the subject matter.
            Therefore the system I propose would allow all messages to be posted and the
            moderator would act only if something obviously inappropriate is posted.
            The moderator would also approve new members. It is little too much work to
            read and approve all messages posted to the list.

            Richard H. Anderson

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
              I am sure that if we leave it unmoderated it will stop to function as a
              scholarly forum almost immediately. I have moderated many messages - i.e.
              rejected them - during the years (I have been doing that all the time, in
              fact). It is simply necessary. I also think that it is necessary to have a
              "gate keeper". If not, revelation-list will die - very soon.

              Best wishes,

              Georg

              _____

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .