The future of this group

  • Dr. Georg S. Adamsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2004
      Dear list members

      I leave my position as a full-time assoc. prof. of NT at the
      Lutheran School of Theology in Aarhus and assume a position as a
      part-time guest lecturer February 1st. I have also been admitted as
      a Master's student in Learning at Aalborg University.

      Therefore I will no longer be able to moderate this list - indeed, I
      have not been moderating very much for a long time.

      If any of you want to assume the moderator position, please, send me
      a few words about your thoughts on the future of the list.

      I am somewhat sorry about this situation, as Revelation list and
      Revelation Resources are really "my kids", but that is sometimes the
      way of life.

      I wish you a Happy New Year!

      Dr. Georg S. Adamsen
      Listowner and moderator since 1997
    • Otto Erlend Nordgreen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
        Dear Georg,

        >Therefore I will no longer be able to moderate this list - indeed, I
        >have not been moderating very much for a long time.
        >
        >If any of you want to assume the moderator position, please, send me
        >a few words about your thoughts on the future of the list.
        >
        >I am somewhat sorry about this situation, as Revelation list and
        >Revelation Resources are really "my kids", but that is sometimes the
        >way of life.

        I think we all appreciate the great job you have done here -- many, many
        thanks! I was wondering if it would be possible to leave the group
        "unmoderated"? ... just a thought.

        Best wishes!

        Otto E. Nordgreen

      • Don K
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
          I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
          fly for a while.
          Don K

        • wpelt@wanadoo.nl
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
            I join you all in expressing my compliments for the group. I would love to
            be as optimistic as Otto, but unfortunately I have not been on an
            unmoderated group that did not end in a flame war within 3 months.

            But as the national hero of my country has put it, you do not need hope
            to start a project nor confidence to persevere.

            best,

            wim

            > I too have thoroughly enjoyed this group. Perhaps Otto's suggestion might
            > fly for a while.
            > Don K

          • Richard H. Anderson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
              Someone needs to be the moderator unless you want automatic admission to the
              group and no ability to stop abuse/misuse of the privileges automatically
              granted to someone who has absolutely no interest in the subject matter.
              Therefore the system I propose would allow all messages to be posted and the
              moderator would act only if something obviously inappropriate is posted.
              The moderator would also approve new members. It is little too much work to
              read and approve all messages posted to the list.

              Richard H. Anderson

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
                I am sure that if we leave it unmoderated it will stop to function as a
                scholarly forum almost immediately. I have moderated many messages - i.e.
                rejected them - during the years (I have been doing that all the time, in
                fact). It is simply necessary. I also think that it is necessary to have a
                "gate keeper". If not, revelation-list will die - very soon.

                Best wishes,

                Georg

                _____

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .