Re: [revelation-list] Partial Preterist Perspectives on Chilton

  • Don K
    Message 1 of 13 , May 22, 2004
      Perhaps it would be helpful to note that Chilton adopted the full preterist
      view before his untimely death. He presented some of his reasons why at a
      prophecy conference in Oklahoma City, in 1997, that I helped to plan. Tapes
      of that session are available from me.
      Not sure how much that answers your specific question, but thought it might
      be helpful as somewhat of a caveat. In other words, Chilton wound up
      ultimately rejecting the "church over canon" perspective that does seem, at
      times, to shine through in "Vengeance."
      Don K. Preston
      Who Is This Babylon?

      Message 2 of 13 , May 22, 2004
        For Eastern Orthodox interpretations of Revelation:

        The Apocalypse in the Teachings of Ancient Christianity, Archbishop Averky,
        available here:
        http://www.stherman.com/catalog/chapter_eight/Apoc_book.htm
        (older editions of the book are simply titled "Apocalypse;" much is drawn
        from Andrew of Caesarea's ancient commentary on Revelation)

        For more general, modern Eastern Orthodox eschatology, which touches often
        on Revelation:

        Dennis Eugene Englemann, A Rumor of War: Christ's Millennial Reign and the
        Rapture of the Church. Salisbury, MA: Regina Orthodox Press,
        2001. Available here:
        http://store.yahoo.com/reginaorthodoxpress/rumorofwar.html
        (The subtitle is potentially misleading; the book is a ciritique of
        pre-trib./pre-millennial interpretations, and presents the amillennial as
        the preferred, patristic Orthodox eschatology.)

        Dennis E. Englemann, Ultimate Things: An Orthodox Christian Perspective on
        the End Times. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press, 1995. Available here:
        http://conciliarpress.bizhosting.com/ultimate_things.html

        Regards,
        Kevin P. Edgecomb
        Berkeley, California