Re: Re: [revelation-list] Sign of redaction / editi =?WIND...

  • polycarp66@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004
      In a message dated 3/30/2004 2:16:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, editor@... writes:
      I gave a paper last September at the British NT Conference using the
      occurrence of word frequencies to show the implausibility of Aune's
      theory of redaction, and putting a question mark against all such
      editorial theories. I hope to write it up for JSNT later this year.
      ____________

      Perhaps I should make it clear that I'm speaking of a self-redaction.  A rewriting of earlier material by the original author.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
        On Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at 12:53 AM, polycarp66@... wrote:

        > Perhaps I should make it clear that I'm speaking of a self-redaction.
        > A rewriting of earlier material by the original author.

        I think I would want to argue that this hypothesis is even more
        difficult to prove than a multiple-author redaction.

        IN
        Revd Dr Ian Paul
        Director of Partnership Development, St John's College, Bramcote, Nottm
        NG9 3DS
        0115 925 1114 x 254
        Also Managing Editor, Grove Books Ltd Ridley Hall Road Cambridge CB3
        9HU
        01223 464748 Fax 01223 464849
        http://www.grovebooks.co.uk