Mithra

  • MORIAH PLASTICS (COATES)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
      Has anyone out there done a comprehensive study on Mithraism/cult of Mithra
      within the Roman Empire circa AD70? Has anyone found reference to it within
      The Revelation?

      Jason Coates
      Johannesburg, S.Africa
    • Don K
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
        Jason, David Ulansey wrote a book: "The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries"
        (Oxford, 1989). It is interesting, but probably not comprehensive. Not sure
        if it is what you are looking for. To my recollection he does not correlate
        Mithra to the Apocalypse. Been a while since I read it.
        Hope this helps.
        Don K