Re: [revelation-list] New Member

  • P. Alain-Marie de Lassus
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
      le 5/09/03 17:49, Dennis H White à dwhite@... a écrit :

      > Ladies and Gentlemen, Doctors and Students: grace to you and peace!
      >
      > I am a new member. My name is
      > Dennis H. White, and I am located
      > at Eureka, South Dakota. I am
      > retired and therefore have time to
      > fill.
      >
      > My interest in "The Revelation"
      > revolves around the concept of
      > "God dwelling among His people."
      > Thus the subject of the Temple of
      > God in "The Revelation" is of interest
      > to me along the lines of the Son of
      > David who builds that dwelling place
      > for God. Certain requirements were
      > to be met before David's idea of a
      > dwelling place for God could be
      > implemented. David's son, Solomon,
      > did build a temple for God's dwelling.
      > So the question is: Is Revelation
      > designed to picture the conditions
      > for God's dwelling among His people
      > being met through the agency of the
      > Christ, David's son, so as to bring about
      > the end result in Rev. 21?
      >
      > This, then, is my interest in Revelation
      > with regards to its design. Much might
      > be explained if Revelation is designed
      > to explain the building up of God's
      > dwelling in the midst of His people.
      > Only time and hard research will
      > suggest a likiness to this idea of mine.
      >
      > Thanks for accepting me into your circle.
      >
      > Dennis H. White
      > From the high northern plains of the
      > Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota tribes

      Dennis,

      You might be interested in having a look at the following book which deals
      witht the topic of the Temple of God in the Book of Revelation:

      Andrea SPATAFORA, "From the Temple of God to God as the Temple", Tesi
      Gregoriani, Serie Teologia 27, Editrice Pontificia Università Gregoriana,
      Rome, 1997.

      Regards.

      Alain M. de Lassus