New Member

  • Dennis H White
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
      Ladies and Gentlemen, Doctors and Students: grace to you and peace!

      I am a new member.  My name is
      Dennis H. White, and I am located
      at Eureka, South Dakota.  I am
      retired and therefore have time to
      fill.

      My interest in "The Revelation"
      revolves around the concept of
      "God dwelling among His people."
      Thus the subject of the Temple of
      God in "The Revelation" is of interest
      to me along the lines of the Son of
      David who builds that dwelling place
      for God.  Certain requirements were
      to be met before David's idea of a
      dwelling place for God could be
      implemented.  David's son, Solomon,
      did build a temple for God's dwelling.
      So the question is: Is Revelation
      designed to picture the conditions
      for God's dwelling among His people
      being met through the agency of the
      Christ, David's son, so as to bring about
      the end result in Rev. 21?

      This, then, is my interest in Revelation
      with regards to its design.  Much might
      be explained if Revelation is designed
      to explain the building up of God's
      dwelling in the midst of His people.
      Only time and hard research will
      suggest a likiness to this idea of mine.

      Thanks for accepting me into your circle.

      Dennis H. White
      From the high northern plains of the
      Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota tribes
    • P. Alain-Marie de Lassus
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
        le 5/09/03 17:49, Dennis H White à dwhite@... a écrit :

        > Ladies and Gentlemen, Doctors and Students: grace to you and peace!
        >
        > I am a new member. My name is
        > Dennis H. White, and I am located
        > at Eureka, South Dakota. I am
        > retired and therefore have time to
        > fill.
        >
        > My interest in "The Revelation"
        > revolves around the concept of
        > "God dwelling among His people."
        > Thus the subject of the Temple of
        > God in "The Revelation" is of interest
        > to me along the lines of the Son of
        > David who builds that dwelling place
        > for God. Certain requirements were
        > to be met before David's idea of a
        > dwelling place for God could be
        > implemented. David's son, Solomon,
        > did build a temple for God's dwelling.
        > So the question is: Is Revelation
        > designed to picture the conditions
        > for God's dwelling among His people
        > being met through the agency of the
        > Christ, David's son, so as to bring about
        > the end result in Rev. 21?
        >
        > This, then, is my interest in Revelation
        > with regards to its design. Much might
        > be explained if Revelation is designed
        > to explain the building up of God's
        > dwelling in the midst of His people.
        > Only time and hard research will
        > suggest a likiness to this idea of mine.
        >
        > Thanks for accepting me into your circle.
        >
        > Dennis H. White
        > From the high northern plains of the
        > Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota tribes

        Dennis,

        You might be interested in having a look at the following book which deals
        witht the topic of the Temple of God in the Book of Revelation:

        Andrea SPATAFORA, "From the Temple of God to God as the Temple", Tesi
        Gregoriani, Serie Teologia 27, Editrice Pontificia Università Gregoriana,
        Rome, 1997.

        Regards.

        Alain M. de Lassus