Re: SV: [revelation-list] The Cross and the end of the world

  • Greg Clarke
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 5:19 AM
      Certainly true, Georg. The lamb isn't seated on the throne, although he is
      as near as possible to it--even "in the midst" of it in Rev 7:15. But the
      link between the appearance of being slain (ESPHAGMENON) and worthiness to
      open the seals is clear (5: 9, 12; ; 13:8). The Lamb's 'slain-ness' seems to
      be the key to its power--not its current life. It is this connection between
      the death of Jesus (represented metaphorically) and his power to usher in
      the Judgement that interests me. His death, rather than his resurrection,
      seems to give him worth and power.

      Greg

      --
      Dr G.J. Clarke
      Director, Centre for Apologetic Scholarship and Education (CASE)