Re: [revelation-list] A question

  • Pere Porta Roca
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2003
      From: "Georg S. Adamsen" <georg@...>
      To: <revelation-list@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 2:12 PM
      Subject: SV: [revelation-list] A question

      Georg,

      > I checked the German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and English/American

      > Thus, I think most translations (I have not checked the commentaries)
      simply
      > assert that those mentioned in Rev 22:15 are outside. Indeed, nobody are
      > forced to leave the New Jerusalem, for only believers are in that city,
      and
      > they are of course not forced to leave it, as 3:12 also makes clear.

      Yesterday I checked two different Catalan bibles issued in the second
      half-XX century and in both an exclamation mark is at the end of the clause.
      This clearly says the clause was understood as imperative by translators.

      Yours

      Pere
    • Upham family
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2003
        Dear sir,

        The sentence in Revelaiton 22:15 is not a command or an imperative, but
        simply a statement,
        and I paraphrase it, "no dogs will be in heaven." I take this to mean
        people with a doglike spirit as seen in the following Scriptures. : Isaiah
        59:10,11, Matthew 15:21-28 and Mark 7:24-30,
        Matthew 7:6 and Philippians 3:2. If you would like a one page study with
        every reference to dogs in the Old and New Testaments in sentence form in
        outline form with the Hebrew and Greek words, etc. then please send me $1.00
        and I will mail it to you. Sincerely, T. Upham
        408 Luken St., N. Judson, IN 46366.