Apparent contradiction

  • Ariel Alvarez Valdes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
      Bob answers me (about my question on apparent
      contradiction in Aune) that he can't find the quote I
      sent.

      In fact, as Bobs says, in Introduction, section 3,
      chapter IV, on “Manner of Revelation” (Form), 1.1.1.
      Visions, Aune lists Rev 21:1-8 as one of the 12
      shorter vision reports that the seer contemplates from
      earth. But five paragraphs later, in “1.3.
      Otherworldly journey”, Aune says textually: “A
      heavenly perspective is found in 14:14–16, 17–20;
      15:1–16:21; 19:1–8, 11–21; 20:1–15; 21:1–8;
      21:9–22:9).
      Is it not a contradiction with former words?

      Ariel Alvarez Valdes

      ------------
      ¡Internet GRATIS es Yahoo! Conexión!
      Usuario "yahoo", contraseña "yahoo".
      Desde Buenos Aires, 4004-1010.
      Otras ciudades: http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar/avanzados.html
    • Bob MacDonald
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
        >> that the seer contemplates from earth.

        Ariel, I think the phrase above is not in the copy of Aune that I have

        I do not read him as you are - he says that the location 'oscillates' as you
        saw - sorry I cannot see what you seem to be seeing.

        Respond off list on this if you wish

        Bob

        mailto::BobMacDonald@...
        + + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +