Bible studies for assessment

  • Greg Clarke
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 11, 2003
      Dear list

      My Bible studies on Revelation, written for small groups, have just been
      published by Matthias Media under the name 'The Vision Statement'.

      I have 5 copies to distribute free to people who might be able to provide
      feedback or reviews. It is a set of 9 studies with questions, taking an Old
      Testament-based approach with a christological emphasis.
      You can see it online at www.matthiasmedia.com.au.

      If anyone would like a copy, please send me your mailing address off-list
      (gjclarke@...).

      Cheers

      Greg

      Dr G.J.Clarke
      Editor | Matthias Media
      Contact: office (61 2) 9663 1478
      fax: (61 2) 9663 3265
      email: gclarke@...
      mail to: PO Box 225 | Kingsford | NSW | Australia | 2032

      Publishing The Briefing | kategoria | 2 Ways to Live and more...
      Visit www.matthiasmedia.com.au for free downloads

      > From: Ian Paul <editor@...>
      > Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:29:30 +0000
      > To: revelation-list@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [revelation-list] Re: Dating question
      >

      > Paul asked:
      >
      >> Thanks, Steve, this is very helpful. By the way, in exploring texts and/or
      > archaelogical material, did you come up with any indications of how one's
      > loyalty to the empire might have been displayed outwardly? One wonders, of
      > course, how this might have related to the mark of the Beast in Revelation
      > 13.
      >
      > One of the most interesting things I have read is S Scherrer's 'Signs and
      > Wonders in the Imperial Cult:
      > A New Look at a Roman Religious Institution In the Light of Rev 13' (JBL
      > 103.4, 1984) which looks at the sorts of things that went on in the cult and
      > how they correspond with some of the things mentioned in Rev. I don't think
      > he talks about the mark of the beast, though.
      >
      > Ian Paul

    • Greg Clarke
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 12, 2003
        Sorry, Georg and others. I didn't think of this restriction.

        Greg

        Dr G. J. Clarke
        Ph.D., University of Sydney
        Editor, Matthias Media
        Ph. 61 2 9663 1478. Fax. 61 2 9663 3265.
        Email. gjclarke@...