RE: [revelation-list] Dating question

  • Doug Jantz
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3 5:58 PM
      All my materials are in storage. My Vespasian comment in essence is this. I think the dating of the book lies in ch 17. (with the 7 kings) I believe the one who is to come for a little while was Titus, who reigned very shortly. The 8th was Domitian. If the 8th was Domitian, he was the beast who WAS NOT in 17.11. Which, of course, means he was not on the throne yet when John wrote the book.

      The apocalypse, dated in this way, was written ABOUT things during Domitian's reign, but not written DURING his reign. It seems to me that I have heard arguments about things going on in the book that someone says match things during the reign of Domitian. Then it is assumed that is when John compiled the book.

      I am sorry I cannot go into more detail on this, but allmy resources are out of reach for now. Someone else may be able to take this further.

      Doug Jantz
      Springfield, Missouri

      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 12, 2003
        Sorry, Georg and others. I didn't think of this restriction.

        Greg

        Dr G. J. Clarke
        Ph.D., University of Sydney
        Editor, Matthias Media
        Ph. 61 2 9663 1478. Fax. 61 2 9663 3265.
        Email. gjclarke@...