Questions of Bartholomew

  • c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Looking for the Greek and Latin fragments of the Questions of Bartholomew.
      All I can find is a pre WWI article:

      Revue Biblique 1913 MM. Wilmart and Tisserant

      Was hoping to do a little better than this. Did R.H. Charles do an edition
      of the Questions of Bartholomew?

      Trying to round out my 15 year long study of apocalyptic literature and
      discovered that this work which seems sort of marginally an apocalypse had
      escaped my notice. English translations are plentiful but the Greek and
      Latin isn't so easy to find.

      Any help is welcome,

      Thanks Clay

      --
      Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
      Three Tree Point
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        on 2/2/03 1:55 PM c.s.bartholomew@... wrote:

        > Looking for the Greek and Latin fragments of the Questions of Bartholomew.
        > All I can find is a pre WWI article:
        >
        > Revue Biblique 1913 MM. Wilmart and Tisserant
        >
        > Was hoping to do a little better than this. Did R.H. Charles do an edition
        > of the Questions of Bartholomew?
        >
        > Trying to round out my 15 year long study of apocalyptic literature and
        > discovered that this work which seems sort of marginally an apocalypse had
        > escaped my notice. English translations are plentiful but the Greek and
        > Latin isn't so easy to find.

        Found it in:

        Los Evangelios Apocrifos : colección de textos griegos y latinos, versión
        crítica ; estudios introductorios y comentarios por Aurelio de Santos Otero.
        -- 6th ed. --1988, pp. 530-66

        However, obtaining a copy of this book through ILL may be a bit difficult.

        greetings, clay