Chiasmus

  • David Scholer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2003
      In the discussion of Revelation and chiasmus to date, I do not think anyone
      has mentioned either of the following two resources:

      Lund, Nils W. Chiasmus in the New Testament.... Peabody: Hendrickson, 1992
      [a reprint of his 1942 work].

      Welch, J. W. and McKinlay, D. B. Chiasmus Bibliography. Provo: Research
      Press, 1999. This work gives substantial bibliography for the Old
      Testament, New Testament, GReco-Roman and non-biblical Jewish texts (and the
      Book of Mormon). It also includes Welch's article "[Fifteen] Criteria for
      Identifying and Evaluating the Presence of Chiasmus" (pages 157-74).

      David M. Scholer
      Professor of New Testament and Associate Dean for the Center for Advanced
      Theological Studies, School of Theology
      Fuller Theological Seminary
      Pasadena CA 91182
      Telephone: 626-584-5288; Fax: 626-584-5251
      dscholer@...