Europa myth (was About this list and its debates)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      >Calendar issues are not unscholarly per se, as we all know from the many
      >studies on calendar problems. While I respect the position taken by Gareth
      >Powell, I disagree that Revelation cannot as well be interpreted as a
      >predictive prophecy. However, I do not think that it can be interpreted in
      >the way suggested by Mel Miller. So how do we procede?

      Dear Georg

      Thank you for the helpful clarification. The problem I had with the calendar
      submission was that it was not presented as a clear argument and so I found
      it difficult to follow.

      On another matter, I read recently (in something 'popular') that Rev 17's
      image of the woman riding on the beast owed something to the pagan myth of
      Europa being raped by Zeus/Jupiter disguised as a bull. Having studied the
      echoes of the Python myth in Rev 12, I wondered whether anyone knew of this
      idea in relation to Rev 17.