About this list and its debates

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      Re: [revelation-list] God's Exact Timing
      A word from the listowner:

      Calendar issues are not unscholarly per se, as we all know from the many studies on calendar problems. While I respect the position taken by Gareth Powell, I disagree that Revelation cannot as well be interpreted as a predictive prophecy. However, I do not think that it can be interpreted in the way suggested by Mel Miller. So how do we procede?

      As far as the list goes, I do not want to disallow debates between various approaches, but I do request that it is done in a scholarly (and, naturaly, a polite) manner. E.g., if one wants to introduce calendar issues, then it must be shown that it is relevant to the Book of Revelation, i.e. to specific texts and/or problems.

      By the way, for your information: Yahoo Groups now allows me to subscribe members with restricted posting privileges (i..e. their messages are moderated), and I can restrict posting privileges for individual members. Sometimes I will do - and have done - that, at least for a few days. Sometimes I send a mail to a members urging him or her to keep to the list rules and write politely. I normally read (although sometimes quite quickly) all messages within a day or two and I react as I find necessary. Please, either let me do the moderating or write to me and volunteer as an official co-moderator (I do not promise to accept that offer, however).

       Thank you for being here and for participating in the debates.

      Dr. Georg S. Adamsen
      Listowner