Re: [revelation-list] The omission of the tribe of Dan in Chapter 7 of Revelation

  • goranson@duke.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
      If you'd like to consider a proposal (with some bibliography on tribes)
      that the list of tribes is intentional and explainable, see my "The
      Exclusion of Ephraim in Rev. 7:4-8 and Essene Polemic Against
      Pharisees," Dead Sea Discoveries 2 (1995) 80-5. Related articles: "The
      Text of Rev. 22:14," NTS 43 (1997) 154-7 and "Essene Polemic in The
      Apocalypse of John," in Legal Texts, Legal Issues [Joseph M. Baumgarten
      FS] (Leiden, 1997) 453-60.

      best,
      Stephen Goranson