Re: [revelation-list] New Member Questions on the Spirit in Rev.

  • Leo R Percer
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 9 9:18 PM
      I found an old article dealing with the "seven Spirits of God" in Revelation that may or may not be useful in this particular research.  The author was G. H. Dix.  The article was entitled "The Seven Archangels and the Seven Spirits:  A Study in the Origin, Development, and Messianic Associations of the Two Themes" and appeared in volume 28 of the Journal of Theological Studies (1926), pp.  233-250.  You may also want to look at the following:

      Haight, Roger.  "The Case for Spirit Christology." Theological Studies, vol. 53, June 1992, pp. 257-287

      An interesting tidbit comes from George Johnston's book The Spirit-Paraclete in the Gospel of John (Society for New Testament Studies, Monograph Series, 12, Cambridge University Press, 1970) in which he at least implies some kind of relationship between the archangel Michael and the Holy Spirit in Johannine materials.  I am writing this from memory at 11:00 p.m., however, so I won't swear to the veracity of this claim.  I remember making a note, though, to pursue this line of thought further if possible.  Have those of you looking at the Spirit in Revelation seen any links to the angelology of the Apocalypse?  I'd love to hear more on this topic.  I'll also try to look up more sources when my head is clearer and it isn't so late!  May God bless your work.

      Leo Percer
      Waco, TX

    • Greg Clarke
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 12, 2003
        Sorry, Georg and others. I didn't think of this restriction.

        Greg

        Dr G. J. Clarke
        Ph.D., University of Sydney
        Editor, Matthias Media
        Ph. 61 2 9663 1478. Fax. 61 2 9663 3265.
        Email. gjclarke@...