Re: [revelation-list] Primary Message of Revelation

  • Lastday
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hi Ed,
      The idea expressed by Georg as to Revelation's primary message admirably
      focuses on what God reveals about the "good news" of Christ's Second
      Coming. Georg points to this by referencing the "eternal gospel"
      concerning the Hour of God's Judgment (14:6,7) which includes the final
      destruction of Great Babylon, (vs.8) the mixing of God's anger (thumos)
      in His Cup of Wrath (orgay) with Hell as the destiny of all who worship
      the Beast (9-11). The Son of Man also reaps and 3 angels assist in
      collecting the wicked so as to fill the "winepress of His great anger
      (thumos; not orgay; vs.14-19). We note this "Hour of Judgment" appears
      in the same context as the "Hour to Reap" (Greek; vs.15). The reaping is
      a symbolic act because the "treading of the winepress," while
      anticipated in verse 20, actually occurs at Christ's descent from heaven
      following the Three-Act Drama in heaven's open Temple. That Drama cannot
      occur until the Last Plague empties. Rev.15:5,8; Rev.11:19.

      Revelation presents two main themes. One prepares Endtime Saints (over a
      period of 42 months) to be worthy of the Kingdom which they and even
      Satan will "know" is about to be established on earth. Mt.24:33;
      Rev.12:12-14.

      The other reveals the 1260-day Endtime conflict between God and Satan
      climaxes with events of the Lastday found in 100 verses of Revelation.
      These events occur within three days after the Two Prophets complete
      their Endtime task of displaying God's Kingdom Power. The 100 verses are
      fulfilled on the 12-Hour Day of Christ's appearance to destroy Babylon
      and its global support system of the nations' cities and to cast Satan
      to the Abyss and the two Beasts to Hell.

      All of their armies are literally gathered in Rev.16:12-17 (Sixth
      Plague) just prior to the Sign of the Day of God's and the Lamb's Wrath
      which immediately occurs in Rev.6:12-17 (Sixth Seal). Both texts precede
      the symbolic "reaping" in Rev.14:14-19 to the "winepress of God's great
      anger." The Hour of Judgment awaits the "treading of His anger and
      wrath" anticipated in Rev.14:7,10,20 and fulfilled in Rev.19:15. God's
      anger mixes with His wrath during the Court Scene of Seal Seven.
      Rev.8:1-5; Dan.7:9-22. Then the 7th Trumpet sounds and Christ comes with
      all the Saints to bring His kingdom "to His people on earth...where
      overcomers will rule the nations with an iron rod." Rev.11:15-19;
      Dan.7:23-27; Rev.2:25,26.
      Mel Miller