RE: [revelation-list] Primary Message of Revelation

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
      Thank you. I'll do so.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Georg S. Adamsen [mailto:georg.adamsen@...]
      Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 3:00 AM
      To: revelation-list@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [revelation-list] Primary Message of Revelation

      Hi Ed,

      If you want to take a look at my view on the primary message of
      Revelation, you might go to
      http://www.book-of-revelation.com/abstract/adamsen.html.

      It is an endeavour to make sense of, among many others, the references
      to the parousia in Rev 1,7; 22:7.12.20 and several passages in the seven
      messages. In Revelation, the gospel is primarily a gospel of the Day of
      the Lord, as 14,6-8.

      Georg

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Lastday
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
        Hi Ed,
        The idea expressed by Georg as to Revelation's primary message admirably
        focuses on what God reveals about the "good news" of Christ's Second
        Coming. Georg points to this by referencing the "eternal gospel"
        concerning the Hour of God's Judgment (14:6,7) which includes the final
        destruction of Great Babylon, (vs.8) the mixing of God's anger (thumos)
        in His Cup of Wrath (orgay) with Hell as the destiny of all who worship
        the Beast (9-11). The Son of Man also reaps and 3 angels assist in
        collecting the wicked so as to fill the "winepress of His great anger
        (thumos; not orgay; vs.14-19). We note this "Hour of Judgment" appears
        in the same context as the "Hour to Reap" (Greek; vs.15). The reaping is
        a symbolic act because the "treading of the winepress," while
        anticipated in verse 20, actually occurs at Christ's descent from heaven
        following the Three-Act Drama in heaven's open Temple. That Drama cannot
        occur until the Last Plague empties. Rev.15:5,8; Rev.11:19.

        Revelation presents two main themes. One prepares Endtime Saints (over a
        period of 42 months) to be worthy of the Kingdom which they and even
        Satan will "know" is about to be established on earth. Mt.24:33;
        Rev.12:12-14.

        The other reveals the 1260-day Endtime conflict between God and Satan
        climaxes with events of the Lastday found in 100 verses of Revelation.
        These events occur within three days after the Two Prophets complete
        their Endtime task of displaying God's Kingdom Power. The 100 verses are
        fulfilled on the 12-Hour Day of Christ's appearance to destroy Babylon
        and its global support system of the nations' cities and to cast Satan
        to the Abyss and the two Beasts to Hell.

        All of their armies are literally gathered in Rev.16:12-17 (Sixth
        Plague) just prior to the Sign of the Day of God's and the Lamb's Wrath
        which immediately occurs in Rev.6:12-17 (Sixth Seal). Both texts precede
        the symbolic "reaping" in Rev.14:14-19 to the "winepress of God's great
        anger." The Hour of Judgment awaits the "treading of His anger and
        wrath" anticipated in Rev.14:7,10,20 and fulfilled in Rev.19:15. God's
        anger mixes with His wrath during the Court Scene of Seal Seven.
        Rev.8:1-5; Dan.7:9-22. Then the 7th Trumpet sounds and Christ comes with
        all the Saints to bring His kingdom "to His people on earth...where
        overcomers will rule the nations with an iron rod." Rev.11:15-19;
        Dan.7:23-27; Rev.2:25,26.
        Mel Miller