Re: [revelation-list] Thank You

  • Lastday
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2002
      Hi Ed,
      The Lamb opens each of the Seven Seals. Jesus indicated the 6th Seal
      opens "in the days after the great tribulation."
      Mark 13:24-27; Matt.24:29-31; Rev.6:12-14. This means the "Left Behind"
      series of books misleads its readers from the very start by placing Seal
      Six 63 months before the End of the great tribulation. That's only 21
      months into Daniel's 70th Seven.

      The usual viewpoint is that Seal Six begins the great tribulation. Why?
      Because the Pre-Trib and the Pre-Wrath Rapture views need to equate the
      Day of the Lord with the "tribulation" so that the Rapture (gathering
      the Elect from earth to heaven) occurs before the End of the Tribulation
      instead of "after" as Jesus states. Mark 13:24.

      I believe the White Horseman of Seal One is operating today in the
      "struggle against terrorism." The ideology of this Horseman has already
      won the victory over Russian Communism. Bush and Putin are signing a
      Nuclear Arms Reduction program next week and the 19 members of the UN
      have agreed to work with Russia in fighting terrorism.

      I believe Seal Two will see the Antichrist "take peace from the earth"
      at midpoint of Daniel's 70th 7. But Babylon the Great must first rule
      the nations between Seal One and Seal Two. See my views expressed on
      Daniel and the Kingdom at www.lastday.net. Mel Miller

      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2002
        I know that the purpose of this list is not "discussion." But I caught something in Met's posting below. He mentions "antichrist." This has always interested me since the Apocalypse does not mention any antichrist, per se. John does in his smaller letters, but not here. Has there been research published on this?

        Doug Jantz

        Springfield, Missouri

        dwjantz@...

      • Paul Anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2002
          revelation-list@yahoogroups.com writes:
          >I know that the purpose of this list is not "discussion." But I caught
          >something in Met's posting below. He mentions "antichrist." This has
          >always interested me since the Apocalypse does not mention any
          >antichrist, per se. John does in his smaller letters, but not here. Has
          >there been research published on this?
          >
          >Doug Jantz

          Thanks, Doug, I have done some extensive work on the history of the
          Johannine situation, and am currently working on a book-length treatment
          of who the antichrist threats were in particular, and how those threats
          related to the Beast and 666 of Revelation.

          For material in print already, see chapter 10 of my book, The Christology
          of the Fourth Gospel (Mohr Siebeck and Trinity Press International), for
          an outline of these issues in general, and my essay on the sitz im leben
          of the Johannine bread of life discourse in Critical Readings of John 6
          (Ed. by Culpepper, E. J. Brill).

          You're right. "Antichrist" occurs nowhere in Revelation, but only in I and
          II John.

          Paul Anderson
          George Fox University
        • Doug W. Jantz
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2002
            Thanks, Paul. Would you email me privately, please?? Thanks

            Doug

            Springfield, Missouri

            dwjantz@...