Re: [revelation-list] Question on Seven Sealed Scroll

    Message 1 of 9 , May 16, 2002
      In my thesis I argue against Mazzaferri's view. The term biblaridion seems
      to be a diminutive form. Although diminutive forms may loose their
      diminutive sense, this requires that they have been in use for some time.
      Biblaridion, however, occurs, to the best of my knowledge, only in
      Revelation and Hermas' Shepherd and in later writings dependent on the
      former two.e

      Moreover, the "little scroll" is obviously an Ezekielian scroll. The scroll
      in 5:1, however, is a sealed scroll, the Danielic sealed scroll I believe
      for a number of reasons. I have endeavoured to work out the consequences of
      this view in my thesis.

      Georg S. Adamsen
    • Ramsey Michaels
      Message 2 of 9 , May 16, 2002
        I have sometimes fancied that the scroll in chapter 10 only looked small to
        John by comparison, because it was in the hands of the giant angel astride
        the land and sea. Is that too whimsical a thought? In any case, as is often
        noted, biblaridion (vv 2, 9) and biblion (v 8) seem to be used
        interchangeably.

        Ramsey

        Message 3 of 9 , May 16, 2002
          Hi Ramsey,
          Does the book you recommend give a reason why the "little scroll" of
          Rev.10 is the same as that of Rev.6? It has messages of seven thunders;
          but there is no indication that John has revealed their "content" after
          eating the scroll, sealing their messages and being told by two voices
          at once that he, John, "must prophesy again before many kings and
          tongues and people and nations." My view is that John will come back as
          one of the Two Prophets to reveal those 7 thunders...as he is a "Son of
          Thunder" and he did not deny the "rumor" that he might survive until
          Jesus comes. He only denied that Jesus actually said he would survive
          until Jesus comes. Mel Miller

          Message 4 of 9 , May 16, 2002
            Hi Georg,
            What is the central theme of your thesis? Mel Miller