Re: [revelation-list] New dissertation on Parousia and Paraenesis in Revelation

    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2002
      Dear Georg

      Thank you for the information about the thesis--and every good wish for your
      viva.

      I was not clear whether you have written in English or Danish, and if the
      latter whether you have written anything in eg articles in English on this.

      If the paraenetic material is so dependent on the parousia motif, does its
      force also then depend on the ontological claims made by the parousia
      language? In other words, what is the relation between the metaphorical
      imagery deployed in the description of the parousia and the ontological
      reality it is depicting--this is now surely of crucial importance, is it
      not?

      Ian Paul

      ----------
      >From: "Georg S. Adamsen" <gsa@...>
      >To: "Revelation-List@Yahoogroups. Com" <revelation-list@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [revelation-list] New dissertation on Parousia and Paraenesis in
      Revelation

      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2002
        Dear Ian

        The thesis is in English. I have not written any articles in English
        (yet).

        I am not entirely sure whether I understand your question. Could you
        elaborate? Thank you.

        Georg

        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2002
          Hi Don

          I sent 100 copies to NLST. They will be distributed in Scandinavia. I
          think (some of?) the major Scandinavian theological research libraries
          will have a copy, if not already, then shortly. At the LSTA we had a few
          copies for sale, but I am afraid that they have been sold already. I
          hope it will be published afterwards, but I have not made any contact to
          any publisher yet.

          Georg

        • Don K
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2002
            Will a copy be available via inter-library perhaps?
            Thanks, Greorg, and good luck to you!
            Don K