Re: [revelation-list] question for the list

  • Don K. Preston
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 11, 2002
      Ed, you can order it from me. Just send a check or MO to:
      Don K. Preston
      2712 Mt. Washington Rd.
      Ardmore, Ok. 73401

      cost is $12.95 Postpaid.

      Thanks for your interest.
      Don K
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 16, 2002
        The Aeneid and NT eschatology Dear Rev-listers

        Can anyone provide me with references useful for examining the Aeneid in relation to New Testament eschatology? Of course, I'm particularly interested in parallels with Revelation.

        I have had Putnam, M.C.J. Vergil's Aeneid: Interpretation and Influence recommended, but not having seen it I don't know what it covers.

        Many thanks

        Greg Clarke

        Dr G.J.Clarke
        Editor | Matthias Media
        Contact:  office (61 2) 9663 1478
                    fax: (61 2) 9663 3265
                    email: gclarke@...
                    mail to: PO Box 225 | Kingsford | NSW | Australia | 2032
      • D.B.V.Kick
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
          Hi Greg,

          I know J.J. Collins refers to the Aeneid when he classifies the genre of
          apocalyptic literature. I've only looked at his book briefly so far, so
          I don't know whether he elaborates on parallels between Rev and Vergil
          further into his book...

          J.J. Collins, "Apocalypse: The Morphology of a Genre" Semeia 14
          (Missoula, 1979).

          hope this helps a bit!

          Donata Kick