looking for English translations

  • Donata Kick
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10 5:38 AM
      Hi,

      I'm a new member working on apocalypse and the Millennium as portrayed
      in early Germanic literature.

      Can anyone tell me if there are English translations of the
      Commentaries on Rev. by Primasius, Caesarius of Arles and Beatus of
      Liebana? Also, if anyone has biographical info on Ambrosius Autpertus,
      help would be much appreciated. I could not find him in any of the
      encyclopedias I was looking at...

      thanks a lot!

      Donata Kick
      University of Durham, UK
      d.b.v.kick@...
    • goranson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10 5:46 AM
        If you type Ambrosius Autpertus
        at www.google.com

        the second item has some bibliography

        best,
        stephen goranson
        goranson@...
      • Ecogen - P. Alain-Marie de Lassus
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12 7:06 AM
          le 10/03/02 14:38, Donata Kick à d.b.v.kick@... a écrit :

          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm a new member working on apocalypse and the Millennium as portrayed
          > in early Germanic literature.
          >
          > Can anyone tell me if there are English translations of the
          > Commentaries on Rev. by Primasius, Caesarius of Arles and Beatus of
          > Liebana? Also, if anyone has biographical info on Ambrosius Autpertus,
          > help would be much appreciated. I could not find him in any of the
          > encyclopedias I was looking at...
          >
          > thanks a lot!
          >
          > Donata Kick
          > University of Durham, UK
          > d.b.v.kick@...

          You can find some information about Autpertus in the following dictionaries
          and articles (in French):

          - Article "Ambroise Autpert", Dictionnaire encyclopédique du christianisme
          ancien (Paris: Cerf), Volume 1, 54.
          - Article "Ambroise Autpert", Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie
          ecclésiastique (Paris: Letouzey), Volume 2, 1115-1116.
          - Jacques Winandy, "L'oeuvre littétaire d'Ambroise Autpert", Revue
          Bénédictine 50 (1960), 93-119.

          Sincerely,

          Alain de Lassus