history of interpretation of 1 Thes 4:17 (rapto) y Daniel 9:25ss (70th week)

  • Juan Stam
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2002
      Greetings from Costa Rica to all apocalyptic Patmos-dwellers. Thanks, Georg,
      for today's dissertation report.

      I'm looking for material on the history of the interpretation of the
      "rapture" passage and on Daniel's seventieth week (linked by
      dispensationalists to the Great Tribulation). Bibliography will be much
      appreciated, but since our access to sources is quite limited here in Costa
      Rica, specific data will be even more helpful. I know, of course, about
      early quiliasm, and also the popularization of dispensationalism by Darby,
      but I don'tknow much about what went on in between.

      Here's wishing success to the Apocalypse-list!!

      Juan Stam, Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica