RE: [revelation-list] The hidden manna and the white stone (Rev 2)

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2001
      Greetings!

      You may want to check out:

      Wong, Daniel K. K. "The Hidden Manna and the White Stone in Revelation
      2:17." BSac 155, no. 619 (1998): 346-54.

      as well as

      Wilson, Mark Wayne. "A Pie in a Very Bleak Sky? Analysis and
      Appropriation of the Promise Sayings in the Seven Letters to the
      Churches in Revelation 2--3." Doctor of Literature and
      Philosophy-dissertation, University of South Africa, 1996.

      Wilson's thesis is a very comprehensive survey and analysis of both
      intratextual and historical connections. You will no doubt find it
      useful. I don't think it has been published (yet), but perhaps he will
      send you an electronic copy? I think he may even be on this list. If
      not, perhaps you can find him via Regent College or University in
      Vancouver. I know that he was teaching there some time ago. If any of
      you list members know where he is currently teaching, please, let us
      know.

      I may have some thoughts on the issue of the hidden manna and the white
      stone, but, unfortunately, I am too busy right now.

      Georg S. Adamsen
      Ass. Prof. of NT, LSTA