Re: [revelation-list] Andrew of Caesarea

  • Basil Lourie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
      There is no need to replace Schmid's edition, but there is a new (1999)
      edition of Oecumenius which should be used as an instrumentum studiorum for
      the whole Byzantine tradition of the Apocalypsis' commentaries:

      Oecumenii Commentarius in Apocalypsin, editus a Marc de Groote (Lovanii,
      1999) (Traditio exegetica graeca, 8) ISBN 90-429-0236-1.

      On the alleged "monophysitism" of Oecumenius cf. my review in Xhristianskij
      Vostok 2 (2000) (in Russian).

      Oecumenius was a direct precessor of St Andrew of Caesarea. The edition by
      de Groote indicates all the parallels with St Andrew.

      Basil Lourié
      St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Xristianskij Vostok" ("Christian Orient") Editorial Board
    • Inta I
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
        Dear Friends,

        I am searching for information about the Commentary on Revelation by Andrew
        of Caesarea.
        I am looking for:
        1) critical text other than in Migne.
        2) any information about existing manuscript(-s)of this commentary
        3) thorough English translation of the whole text (not just some parts). I
        have found only a thorough translation in Russian.

        I'd appreciate your help very much.
        Sincerely
        Inta Ivanovska.

      • Inta I
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
          Dorogoi gispodin Basil Lourie,

          Boljshoe Sposibo! Neozidalo takovo skorovo otveta. Ocjen nadejush shto naidu
          Vashi ukazazannie materiali, osobenno de Groote, zdjesh v St. Louise, USA.
          Mnogokratnoe Spasibo.

          Inta Ivanovksa.