Re: [revelation-list] Introducing myself

  • Edgar Krentz
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 7, 2001
      At 10:38 AM -0600 11/7/01, merritt spencer wrote:
      >I see the wisdom and the law,etc i.e. the word of God being Jesus
      >personified. Yes He existed before all creation but the first born from
      >death is a reference to His resurrection after being spiritually as well as
      >physically deceased and when He came back from spiritual death He provided a
      >way for me and you to also come back from the spiritual grave, the one in
      >which we are baptised unto death and the one from which we are raised to walk
      >in newness of life.

      Where does not NT ever say that Jesus died spiritually? This is a
      quite modern, non-NT description.

      Edgar Krentz
      Christ Seminary--Seminex Professor of New Testament, Emeritus
      Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
      1100 East 55th Street, Chicago, IL 60615
      Tel: 773-256-0773; home phone 773-947-8105
      e-mail: ekrentz@...
      home e-mail: ekrentz@...
      GERASKO D' AEI POLLA DIDASKOMENOS
      "I grow old, constantly learning many things." [Solon of Athens]