RE: [revelation-list] Introducing myself

  • Loren Johns
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 7, 2001
      I would say that your method of doing theology is not sufficiently
      informed by historical work, which does not entirely control, but should
      inform and provide some limits of plausibility on the doing of theology.
      Certainly the Jewish writers who developed or at least used the category
      of preexistence theologically were not thinking of Jesus.

      Loren Johns

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 7, 2001
        Dear list members

        It is not always easy to determine whether prospect subscribers have the
        appropriate qualifications. I think I made a mistake some time ago, and
        a friendly warning off the list did not have the intended effect. Thus,
        I have just unsubscribed one of the members.

        Perhaps we should end this discussion then?

        I apologise for any inconvenience.

        Georg S. Adamsen
        Listowner
      • Edgar Krentz
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 7, 2001
          At 10:38 AM -0600 11/7/01, merritt spencer wrote:
          >I see the wisdom and the law,etc i.e. the word of God being Jesus
          >personified. Yes He existed before all creation but the first born from
          >death is a reference to His resurrection after being spiritually as well as
          >physically deceased and when He came back from spiritual death He provided a
          >way for me and you to also come back from the spiritual grave, the one in
          >which we are baptised unto death and the one from which we are raised to walk
          >in newness of life.

          Where does not NT ever say that Jesus died spiritually? This is a
          quite modern, non-NT description.

          Edgar Krentz
          Christ Seminary--Seminex Professor of New Testament, Emeritus
          Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
          1100 East 55th Street, Chicago, IL 60615
          Tel: 773-256-0773; home phone 773-947-8105
          e-mail: ekrentz@...
          home e-mail: ekrentz@...
          GERASKO D' AEI POLLA DIDASKOMENOS
          "I grow old, constantly learning many things." [Solon of Athens]